AI Wainwright Real Estate Lending
There are countless companies and community organizations that have inspiring visions for their communities, but who need New Market Tax Credits (NMTCs) to achieve that vision. Through AI Wainwright LLC, Affirmative Investment's Community Development Entity (CDE), we are able to help organizations by directly providing part of the capital needed to launch.
To date, AI Wainwright has received three Allocations of New Market Tax Credits, totaling $95 million. AI Wainwright use its NMTC Allocations to provide low-cost, flexible capital to high-impact projects that will create jobs and economic opportunities for low-income people.
When selecting projects to receive allocation, we have two core strategies:
- Invest in projects that align with the priorities of local community-based organizations and municipal bodies
- Invest in projects that introduce commercial, retail, and community service uses into predominantly residential urban neighborhoods
With its Round 11 award received in June 2014, AI Wainwright LLC is investing in the following projects
- UTEC Hub for Social Entrepreneurship
- Northern Nevada HOPES Federally Qualified Health Center
- Holyoke Medical Center Expansion
- The Residences at Melnea Hotel
- Codman Academy Charter School
AI Wainwright is always looking for new projects that need NMTC financing to succeed. If you are a project sponsor (a developer, company or non-profit organization) and you think your project aligns with our objectives, please download and submit our intake form.
AI Wainwright has created a grant fund to help non-profit developers to pay for predevelopment costs for New Markets Tax Credits-eligible projects. Download the application.